Executive Function: Every student faces new situations requiring high-level mental processes; to regulate their behavior, anticipate outcomes and adapt to changing situations, while they are also learning new information.
- TLP Targets: Attention, memory, behavior, organization, self-control and time management.
Communication: As a student navigates their day, they need to be effective communicators; through verbal and written expression as well as non-verbal gestures, facial expressions and body language.
- TLP Engages: Verbal and reading comprehension, oral & written communication, voice quality, understanding body language and being understood by others.
Auditory Processing: When your student is unable to understand and make sense of what they hear, it will negatively impact learning, thinking, communication and relationships.
- TLP Trains: Listening, following verbal directions, focusing with background noise, comfort with sound, understanding tone of voice, and sound discrimination.
Social & Emotional: We all want our students to develop positive relationships with their peers & teachers. Developing their social skills and emotional intelligence is a crucial part of their educational experience.
- TLP Encourages: Self-confidence, compassion, social interactions, interpersonal relationships, mood regulation and conflict resolution
Stress Response: When a student’s brain and body are constantly on edge because of an inability to manage stress, it’s nearly impossible to learn.
- TLP Supports: Stress reduction, relaxation, a lower tension level, better sleep, and the reduction of nervous habits
Motor Coordination: The harmonious functioning of fine and gross motor skills allows mental space for learning.
- TLP Enables: Balance, body awareness, coordination, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, and activity level
Creative Expression: The joy a student experiences when they can express themselves creatively, whether verbally, through written form or creative imaginative projects, all provide numerous opportunities for growth.
- TLP Inspires: Innovation, problem solving, visual arts, musicality, creative writing, and open thinking.
If you have any questions about any of these 7 ways, we’re here to answer your questions. Call us at 801-622-5676!