Radio and Webinars
Guest: Siegfried Othmer, Ph.D
Hosts: Sheila Allen, MA, OTR and Alex Doman
June 19, 2012
Sheila, Alex and their Special Guest Siegfried Othmer, Ph.D will explore the fascinating topic of the multimodal application of Neurofeedback and The Listening Program® for improving brain function.
- Neurofeedback is an emerging technique for training brain function, based on the brain observing its own behavior through the EEG.
- Neurofeedback helps with brain-based disorders generally, but it works by improving brain function, so potentially we can all benefit.
- The EEG is organized on the basis of frequency, and neurofeedback sets up a brain challenge by using these frequencies.
- The Listening Program® sets up a brain challenge in the realm of frequency as well. The two methods are entirely complementary, with neurofeedback working at the lower end of the frequency range, and The Listening Program® working at the upper end.
- Neurofeedback prepares the brain to function better. The Listening Program® directly challenges the brain to function better. One can think of neurofeedback as setting the context, and The Listening Program® as providing the text.